1. MEDICAL SERVICE
THE CATHOLIC UNIV. OF KOREA ST. VINCENT'S HOSPITAL
ANSAN VINCENT'S CLINIC
HOSPITAL MINISTRY (ASSISTANT CHAPLAIN IN 9 HOSPITALS)
2. SOCIAL WELFARE
After Korean War, Korean society has witnessed a soaraway economic growth with a successful application of economic development policy. On the other hand, civilization and industrialization brought about social issues such as urban poor, gap of the standard of living between urban and rural areas and need to care of the marginalized like the aged, single-mothers and the youth. As a response to the need of the time, we participate in social welfare in order to carry out Vincentian spirituality. The institutions we are running are the following:
- Free nursing home for the aged , “St. Louise’ House” (est. 1991) and “St. Anne’s House” (est. 2002, Denver, USA)
- For single mothers, “House of Life” (est.1993, from prenatal care until a year after childbirth) and “House of Motherhood” (est. 2008, infant care and vocational training for social adjustment)
- For youth, “St. Vincent’s Youth” (est. 1999 Suwon , 2001 Seoul)
As the welfare system of the country is being developed, the congregation felt the arising need for domiciliary care and community welfare. Hereby, we opened
- “St. Vincent’s Sharing Center, Hanulmaru” for our neighbors in need (since 2010), a center for visiting houses, organizing different activities in cooperation with other residents in the community.
With expanding globalization and marriage immigrant culture in Korea, we felt the necessity to care especially for the female marriage immigrants and their children. In response to this, we run
- “St. Vincent’s Multi-cultural Family Support Center” (since 2009) which offers language classes, tutorial and counseling to help the immigrants and their children to adapt themselves to Korean society.
For the children with the home environment where the parents cannot attend to their needs in different reasons,
- “Hanurine Learning Center” (since 2011) is supporting them in their study and social interaction.